Thursday, November 30, 2006

A Quick Pencil Drawing

Its just a quick drawing I did over my lunch break one day. I was eating a bagel and that quite possibly may be why it didn't turn out quite right. As a Christmas gift to a friend I was going to draw a picture and then I realized that I can't draw myself at all.

Is that odd? For an artist who does a lot of portraiture to not be able to draw themselves. Perhaps I just run against the norm, which either makes me astoundingly cool or have some kind of deficiency.

Either way, this was done based merely on a reference picture of me for pose and nothing more. I basically just sat down and drew and this is what happened. Its got some sort of unique charm and appeal to it even though its quite ugly if you think about it. I don't look like this. I just, have a posed picture like this and I'll leave it at that. Its not quite finished, I may yet finish it, but as far as I'm concerned from the neck down she's done except for some small sweater details.

She has a horse mouth. That's depressing to me.

Also, I managed to make a layout and its wintery since it is winter afterall. Although as for the snow, I'm spending Christmas in San Francisco so while everyone is freezing in Canada I'll be enjoying a harbor cruise in a t-shirt and maybe a sweater. I'll get some drawing done while I'm there with any luck. I'm not keen on the actual going, but there will be the Golden Gate as well as Interesting People. I've been there before. I think its the only city in the world where you will find a homeless guy who tries to scare people for money and another who sings the SpongeBob Squarepants theme song at the trolley station.

FYI it might do one better to click on the above image. Its not very clear, but it is when you click, so you might fancy a visit to something slightly larger and less aliased.

No comments: