Thursday, November 23, 2006

Ainsley

A few posts will probably surface sometime today or in the next few days, possibly. I still need to make a layout. Really, its on its way. I'll pretend I'm not outright lying through my teeth.
No I haven't really started it. To be honest, all I've done is plan it out on paper.
I have done that, give me some credit.

What I do need to do is get some blogs up here.


My first is an older drawing from this year. A lot of it was a study on human anatomy as practice with a photoshop colouring technique I hadn't used before. She was done for Aggro the comic in question requiring her to be less dressed than her usual self.

It was a challenge to do anatomy that I don't normally draw while still maintaining the look of the actual anatomy. Going off of what I know of a lot of people, and that is making certain aspects of the female look remarkably fake, I used a reference. What I've noticed, mostly in male artists but they can't help that, is that the upper half of the female looks to be, well, balloons. That's not true. Look at any anatomy reference book. I tried to stay away from that. Ainsley may be a cartoon character, but its important to maintain the realism even in that realm.

I'm a big fan of believability. I like my art to have that element of "Yeah, I can see this being a real person" and hopefully that's reflected in this one. The photoshop techniquie is one that uses the layout properties. Overly allows you to blend colours better and still see the lineart you are working with without actually have to make lineart. If you're like me, that's a great thing. I should post the tutorial. It was made by a friend, but its really great to have. The rest was done with the sumdge tool and the finishing touches of addings ome small highlights were done with the dodge tool on 7 opacity.

Click on the image for a larger version or here for a better closeup.

No comments: